Friday, October 31, 2008

The Spider and the Duck.....
Hamilton helping me pass out candy while Hudson and Juston walked around the neighborhood!

Hudson trick-or-treating at his favorite neighbors house!


Becca- his favorite neighbor and babysitter!

My spider and duck

Okay, so I have to brag on myself a minute! I made Hudson's spider costume!!! He really wanted to be a spider, and of course I waited till the last minute and wasn't able to find one in the stores. So we settled for a spiderman costume. Well, Wednesday afternoon, I got this idea to google "how to make a spider costume" to see if it would be easy and I found this idea and went after it! And the best part of all was this: Wednesday night I was working on the costume in the dining room and Hudson was watching a Little Einstein video in the den. I hear his little feet running to the room I was in, and he stuck his head around the corner and said "Thank you. Thank you mommy for making my spider!" And then he turned around and ran back to his video. Talk about melting my heart! That moment was worth making 40 spider costumes for!


He was soooo excited to wear the costume this evening, and I think he told 400 people that he was a spider! To see his little face light up with excitement was so precious!










7 comments:

Sara said...

Very cool story...and very cute!

Morgan Holt said...

Great job MOM! Very crafty! I love crafts! Looks like your little boys had a great time during Halloween this year. :)

Kelly B. said...

Way to go MARTHA! That was so sweet how he was so proud!

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

So, can we put in orders for costumes for next year? Great job! Looks fantastic

Lindy said...

you have a little heart melter on your hands! he looked adorable (hamilton did too!)way to go for homemade costumes :0)

The Spicer Crew said...

you did a great job...I love making costumes for the girls. It makes Halloween fun for me too! Looks like ya'll are doing great! I miss you! :)

Amy Lauren said...

What a little sweetie! So cute too!