Monday, August 18, 2008

First day by myself with the boys and I survived!!!!



I love this picture because as you can tell, Hudson has Hamilton in his line-up with the drums! I actually had Hamilton laying there to look outside and the next thing I knew, Hudson had set up his "drum set" all around Hamilton and was playing away! I know you are asking- "did it bother Hamilton?"- and the answer is he slept through the whole thing!

We have had a great first day by ourselves! Both boys were dressed and ready for the day, we all got an afternoon nap, and supper is in the oven! I feel pretty good about our first day together without our daddy or any other help! See, I can do this!!! :)

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Glad your first day went well. Hudson is so cute with his drums. Will would get all of his blankets on the floor with Ben and say that they were camping. Boys come up with the cutest things!

Morgan Holt said...

Yeah! for surviving your first day with two kids! I would say that once you get some type of routine together for both of them, then you'll be set. Sounds like this is a piece of cake for you! :) Glad you are doing so well and LOVE seeing all of the cute pictures of the boys. It's definitely different having two girls in my house compared to seeing your boys. I see drums in your pictures but in mine, I see dress up clothes and dolls! HA! :)

Lindy said...

Girl, sounds like you got this down pat!!! Glad your first day went really well! :0)

Amy Lauren said...

Glad your first day went so well!!! Your boys are both so so adorable! I have been out of town so i just was catching up with all the blogs and i just love all your pictures, they are the cutest things! Jennifer told me all along that it takes about 2 months to really adjust and get in the swing of things, and i would say that is about right, however i still have my days, where i just don't feel in controll at all! =) but sounds like your first day was good with a nap and supper in the oven, thats awesome!

Mommy of two said...

I knew you could do it! I'm glad I went to well! You're a great mom!! I love all the "drums" Hudson set up. What a cutie!! I remember my first day alone with two. I was a little nervous but it ended up to be a great day! I'm so glad your into the swing of things! Now when are you coming to LR??

Kate said...

When you've survived the first day of 2 children screaming and throwing tag-team tantrums after an all night barfing-fest...oh, and you burned dinner...then we can talk. ;) Just kidding!! Knowing you, I know you have it all together!! You are doing great and I'm so proud of you. I really miss you :( Talk to you later.