Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hamilton's Room...


Anna Grace had this cross made for Hamilton. One of her teachers from school hand-made it!




The sweet lamb was a gift from Jeff and Jennifer, and of course he has to have a "feely!" You can't tell as good in the picture, but his feely is green so that Hudson won't get confused since he is so attached to his own feelies! In fact, sometimes he asks if he can just go look at Hamilton's feely and hold it. It is really pretty sweet.


For those of you who have been to my house, you know I have my own "artist" friend, Whitney, who has painted several things for my house as well as for my sister/sisters-in-law/mother-in-law/cousin. She is so talented, and if anyone is interested in her painting a canvas for them, just email me and I would be glad to give you her contact information! I love the painting that she did for Hamilton- I think it is such a cool heirloom! Tomorrow Hudson's room should be done and I will blog about it, so you can see his painting she did for him then!
I am just curious- did you guys see the ticker on the left side that says "19" days till Hamilton is born! Isn't that so exciting! I am ready to see his little face and see who he is going to favor! I am looking forward to how Hudson will respond to Hamilton- hopefully he will be excited right off the bat! Actually, with all the grandparents/friends coming in town (my parents coming the first week, Sonya coming the second week, Jesse and Ali after Sonya leaves, Abbra coming Labor Day weekend, and Jennifer sometime in September) he probably won't notice much of Hamilton because he will be excited to see all of them, but once they leave and reality sets in, he may react negatively?! Who knows?!
I got the cutest pajamas for the hospital! I am really excited about them, I think mainly because I haven't bought myself much these last 2 months (and I am sooooooo tired of my maternity clothes) and so it was the first purchase for post-baby and they are really pretty darn cute! Don't worry, you will all see them because I will probably live in the for the first few weeks! And I am just going to throw this out there- I am on a mad search for a good nursing bra and can't find one that I really like and is comfortable. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations as to their favorite brands?

6 comments:

Hannah said...

I had the hardest time finding nursing bras this time because I grew another cup size!!!! and needed even more support! The most supportive bra I found (I called it my "harness") was a Medela underwire bra. I bought it at Sassy Stork in LR, but you can order them online, too. The only downside to this bra is that there is no lining, so unless you are wearing nursing pads, you may have a problem, if you know what I mean! I really wanted a Bella Maternity nursing bra(I think that is the name), but they are over $50, and I hesitated to buy one that expensive without trying it on. Anyway, I did not like the Motherhood or Target bras very much--they didn't fit very well and weren't very supportive. Just search online for some good ones. Hope this helps!

Rachael said...

I LOVE Hamilton's room! Very cute! Only 3 more weeks!! I can't wait to see him....or pictures of him:(

Lindsey Eason said...

Savannah,GA was packed with all kinds of unique little maternity shops...I found a few nursing bra's I liked that were actually pretty stylish as well as comfortable - one I got was a Bella Maternity bra...Hannah's right - it was pricey but WORTH it! Hamilton's room is very very sweet - I love his little outfits hanging up ready to be worn! :)

Mommy of two said...

Hamilton's room is so cute! I love the paintings your friend does. She is so talented! As for nursing bra. I really liked my Medela bras. I can't wait to see pictures of Hamilton!

Kate said...

Who needs a bra--just go topless!! That's always my philosophy ;)

Hamilton's room is cute! I would expect nothing less from you! By the way, can I call him "Ham" or "Hammy?"

Mommy of two said...

We were at the pool today and I spiked Conner's hair with sunscreen. Avery comes running up saying "he looks like Hudson!". She misses him!