Wednesday, January 21, 2009


HUDSON'S 3 YRS. OLD!!!

Hudson got a drum set for his birthday! He was so excited to say the least!
Juston showing him how to use the pedal for the bass drum.

This picture is one of the first ones I snapped after he saw them and sat down to play! I love the smile- that says it all!

Opening presents
Blowing out the candles of his drum cake made by me! He has been so excited about that drum cake for weeks! And on Sunday I went to the grocery store to get all the ingredients and he knew I was going for that purpose. As soon as I pull into the garage and got out of the car, he opens the door and says "thanks mom for making my drum cake!" It is moments like that that melt my heart as a mom!


The cool drum cake- thanks to my mom who found the design from an old 1993 Betty Crocker coupon clipping that she had stuck in one of her recipe books. How cool is that!?

Thank you Lord for Hudson!

6 comments:

Morgan Holt said...

Happy Birthday Hudson! Looks like he had a wonderful party! Go mom for the cute cake! :)

abc said...

Happy Birthday Hudson! It's so hard to believe- remember 3 years ago? We were both in the hospital with our sweet little ones. I remember feeling so sorry that you were having to deal with his health issues. Look at him now!

That cake is great! I'm truly impressed. Love to you all.

Amy Moore said...

Hey Bekah! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time for Hudson's birthday! What day his his bday on?
Oh...props to your mom on the cake. I bet Hudson loved it!

Lindsey Eason said...

That is one very cool cake - I'm so impressed you made that! But I think I'm most impressed that you got your 3 year old a set of drums...Jacob gave Shepherd an electric guitar for christmas and that's been enough noise for me at this stage in the game. :)

Rachael said...

I'm very impressed with your drum cake making abilities! Homemade halloween costume, homemade birthday cake.....you're becoming quite the little crafty mommy! Way to go!

Kate said...

Wow...you guys are really cool parents!! I know it's cliche, but isn't it amazing how fast they grow? My sweet boy just lost his first tooth and I'm still a little sad about that.