Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's been too long.....
Life has been crazy here at the Gates household! Since I last updated, we have traveled back to Little Rock for 9 days, got things ready for Christmas, and just had the normal daily adventures with a toddler and 4 month old! And as I am typing, the snow is heavily falling, which will be another adventure in itself! I think they said we are supposed to get 6-8 inches over the next 24 hrs! Juston and Hudson are pumped because they are hoping to build a big snowman, so if that happens I will definately post some pictures. I posted a ton of pictures from our life over the last 3 weeks, so enjoy!
Me and Juston after a long day of Christmas decorating!

Our Christmas tree! Hudson had so much fun picking it out! He keeps calling it "our BIG christmas tree!"
For Julie- here are some pictures of my stuff from this year. Let me know if you need any help!



For Mom- here is what we finally came up with! I love it!


Sweet Hamilton in front of the christmas tree!
Hamilton and Mommy decorating the tree.
Daddy and Hamilton decorating the tree.
Mommy and Hudson
Daddy and Hudson

Me and the boys at the christmas tree lot.

Juston and the boys.

Daddy and the boys Thanksgiving morning.

Hamilton's first Thanksgiving.
This is the best picture I could get of the boys on Thanksgiving. Sometimes pictures just don't turn out the way you want them too with kiddos!
For those of you who know me- you know I am not a great cook mainly because I don't like to. But this year we were here in Michigan for Thanksgiving, and so I was left to cook us the Thanksgiving meal. I just had to take a picture and show you my Thanksgiving spread so you could see that I really did cook a good meal and my boys loved it! We had turkey and ham (but i cheated and got that from Honey Baked Ham), potato casserole, green beans, pretzel jello salad (my all time Thanksgiving favorite!), rolls, and spice cake!


The boys in their Christmas PJ's!



Hudson at Papa J's drum store!
Nan, Hudson, Hamilton, and Grammy

This is one of my favorite things- the boys getting in bed with us in the mornings to watch cartoons!
Gracie and Hudson
Hamilton and Uncle Joseph


10 comments:

Kate said...

I hate that I missed seeing you while you were here...we drove into LR 2 days after you left. Your Xmas decorations looks great! I miss you!!!

Clay and Natalie Freeman said...

Very cute! Love it all!

The Spicer Crew said...

Hey girl!! We just did the Christmas decorating thing today! My girls loved it too. Hamilton is getting so big and Hudson looks like a big boy these days! I was just thinking about you because we were watching the weather and it looked like your area was getting lots of rain or snow or something! Enjoy it and build a big snowman for us!! Miss you! :)A

Laura Wesson said...

I love your Christmas decorations!!! We have not decorated yet- I can't wait to pull all that stuff out. What is the pic of the tree in red?? It is beautiful!! I'm glad you had a great thanksgiving it looked like to all turned out great!!

Morgan Holt said...

Your Christmas decorations are beautiful! The boys are growing so fast and I know that Hudson will LOVE playing in the snow this year.

Lindsey Eason said...

Our kiddo's "helped" us too with the decorations...kind of a riot, but they had a ball offering what assistance they could! At one point, Chad had to stand there and hold the tree so that Shep could put ornaments on without actually pulling the tree on top of him. :) Your decorations look great and glad you had a good stay in LR - don't you appreciate your home town even more after having moved away?! I know I sure do!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your decorations. I have started mine and will post them when I am done. Man it is a lot of work.

Amy Lauren said...

Ok! I have to say i am in love with your christmas decorations and i tried to copy them, but it doesnt look nearly as good!!! i got the read netting/ribbon stuff and it doesnt show up nearly as good as the green! Oh well! your decorations are beautiful!
Your little babies are so cute, Hudson has the cutest little smile, i mean he smiles in every picture! such cutie pies!

Amy Lauren said...

red ribbon- sorry i can't spell!

Sallie said...

Hey Girl! I hope you remember me...(Sallie used to be Pickens)I just have to say how BEAUTIFUL your decorations are! Could you tell me how you put together that garland around your door and on your mantle? I wanna do that!!!